Sep 4, 2009

Fruit Bats - The Ruminant Band



Hey, Sorry about the lack of updates. I will try to put up a new post at least once every two days for the next month. You know, get the sauce rolling.

This album sounds like what I wished "Muswell Hillbillies" by the Kinks sounded like. A sort of country, classic pop record with interesting vocals, arrangements and instrumentation. Filled with great pop hooks and parasitic melodies. I haven't checked or anything but I bet Rolling Stone is popping huge boners all over "The Ruminant Band" right about now. If they aren't then Spin certainly is. Probably a good thing.
A well written Album from start to finish.

DL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I am checking this blog using the phone and this appears to be kind of odd. Thought you'd wish to know. This is a great write-up nevertheless, did not mess that up.

- David